NEW PATIENT SPECIAL!
If you are suffering from numbness and or tingling, the team at Fox Integrated Healthcare is ready to help.
Receive the following for only $67 (a $565 Value)!:
- New Patient Consultation & Examination
- 2 Spinal Decompression Treatments
- 2 Class IV Laser Treatments
Call (720) 588-9950 now to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors to get you started immediately!
Neuropathy: How Nerve Damage Impacts Your Body
Peripheral nerve disorders can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort, and can stop us from functioning and living the way we want to. The clinical term for this condition is neuropathy, which is a general term for the dysfunction of the nerve(s) positioned in the peripheral nervous system, which are located away from the spine. Common symptoms usually manifest itself as the following:
- Pain in the feet and ankles
- Inflammation in the arms, legs, and/or shoulders
- Limited range of movement
- Numbness & tingling in the extremities and limbs
- Weakness or tremors
- Bladder and/or digestive issues
- Heat sensitivity, altered sweating patterns
- Headaches, migraines, neck problems
- Loss of balance and coordination
Diagnosing the accurate source of these symptoms can be difficult, given the number of possible causes. Fortunately, you can count on our experience and world-class diagnostic tools for a fast and precise medical analysis.
What Causes This Type Of Nerve Damage?
There are 3 types of neuropathy:
- Polyneuropathy – multiple nerves are damaged or compressed
- Mononeuropathy – a single nerve is damaged or compressed, such Carpal Tunnel syndrome or radial nerve palsy
- Multiple mononeuropathy – damage or compression to two separate nerves at the same time
Regardless of the specific type, we can treat your neuropathy safely and effectively. As long as it is not idiopathic (i.e. no clear cause), you may be able to reduce it completely, or at least keep it under control with regular prescribed treatments.
About 30% of diagnosed neuropathy cases are considered idiopathic, though we believe that this is partly due to widespread insufficient training and inexperience in the medical field. Here at Fox Integrated Healthcare, we understand the importance of leaving no stone unturned–with our expert training and advanced diagnostic technology, we will search for every potential underlying cause before confirming your condition as idiopathic.
Otherwise, the most common causes are:
- Long term alcohol abuse
- Environmental toxins and heavy metals
- Tumors, both benign and malignant, that press against nerve bundles
- Chronic diseases such as HIV, hypothyroidism, arthritis, obesity, and Lyme disease
- Diseases and disorders that impair kidney and liver metabolism
- Nutritional imbalances
- Injuries sustained in auto or workplace accidents, sports
- Bad habits stemming from poor posture, repetitive physical tasks
Neuropathy Treatments That Work
We offer a comprehensive selection of natural medical therapies to treat neuropathy, which includes:
- Electrostimulation and massage therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Physical therapy
- Inflammation injections
- Laser therapy
- Nutritional consultation
Specific treatments recommendations will be based on the diagnosed cause of your condition, and can be combined with other complementary therapies to optimize relief and healing.
Your Free Consultation
Are you experiencing numbness, inflammation, and/or tingling in your arms or legs? Are you suffering from searing pain with no apparent cause? If the answer is yes, we can help you. Call us today at (720) 588-9950, and our patient concierge will arrange your free consultation at your earliest convenience.